Friday, September 24, 2010

the burning question

Rhys thought it was just a dream. Franny. But it hit him like a jolt. He knew exactly who she was. The mother of his child and he'd acknowledged it. Had he?

He thought he might be ill, but he could see Rae needed him and yet he felt the desire to go to Cecil's to see the boy. This memory loss was a fickle thing. There were things he'd chosen to forget and perhaps, Franny had too. But he feel certain she still loved him. Always would. But he knew it was his doing. How he chosen not to remember. He thought it was the right thing to do. Maybe it had to do not wanting to be obligated to anything. And yet like a vicious disease, he was on the threshold  of being someone's father.

"I want to see the baby." Rhys announced to Sasha.

"What? Who? What are you talking about, Rhys?" Sasha winced. She pulled the cookies from the oven. The squeak of the oven door made Rhys wince.

"What baby?" Rae was at a loss. She didn't understand.

"You know the one." Rhys sounded so profound. "Rhys talked about her boy, to me. I know who he is. I know he's my son. I want my son."

Rae looked at him wide eyed as if that was not suppose to be. She was suppose to be the only one with this connection to him.

"Please, I must." Rhys looked at them all that they were hiding more things from him. "What else have you not told me, Sasha."

Sasha backed away. She left the kitchen and went upstairs.

2 comments:

ellie said...

oh wow..so he finally figured it out..or believed Franny now.

Em [the writer] said...

I really hope he'll be able to see his son.