Saturday, May 8, 2010

it can't be

Frannie didn't want to admit it, but she'd never felt so tired in her life. She felt huge. She hadn't seen this coming with this pregnancy.

"You have to get this checked out." Randy told her. "I don't want something awful to happen."

"Why would you say such a thing?" True, Frannie was beginning to think she might be the baby-maker just as Kelsy teased.

"I've been thinking about-" Randy winced. He'd passed the medic training he'd needed. He had been offered to a job with the abulences now. "Well, Anita told me the truth."

"The truth? What are you going on about?" They had other things to worry about. Like getting by. What would happen if she were put out of commision with this pregnancy.

"That, that, it was my baby she lost." He barely could breath. It hurt to talk about it.

Frannie looked at  him as if he'd said a bad omen of some sort.

"I'm sure I'm fine." She nodded. Of course, the flat was awful small and the boys had over taken them with toys. Nico was so rambuncious and Bart was scooting about, ready to crawl then walk, anyday now.

"Then, you shouldn't have a problem getting it all checked out." Randy reminded her. "You can't be your own mid-wife." But she felt she should, as many pregnancies she'd seen and endured.

3 comments:

ellie said...

Frannie can't take this into her own hands..

meg said...

I dunno. I hope all is well with Frannie.

ivy's closet said...

I hope this isn't bad.