Thursday, April 1, 2010

such seriousness

Soren couldn't help but goof around with Rupert. It was fun. They were having fun. Sometimes, he just wanted to take the serious out of it.

He dressed up in a frilly night gown for him.

"What do you mean? Its silly? Of course it is." Soren batted his eyelashes at him. Couldn't they have a laugh?

Naturally, Rupert took it the wrong way. Soren was making fun at where Rupert worked. At the tea room.

"Do you want me to quit my job?" Rupert looked at him as if that was his passion.

"Fuck, no." Soren winced. He'd have to be serious again. Now wouldn't he? As it was he felt as all he did these days were stand over a hot stove. Couldn't they be having a jolly old time when they were together? "Sorry." Soren plopped himself down on the bed and pulled the gown off. "I didn't mean to upset you. Just some fun, that's all." Soren looked at Rupert out of the corner of his eye. "You know, I've given up plenty of smokes for you, and this is the thanks I get." Soren looked away then. "Always, by the book with you, is it?"

"Soren, you know how I feel about you. I've given up a lot for you, too, hadn't I? You're all I've got." Rupert told him.

"And that puff of Dad of yours, what about him?" Soren looked back at him.

"I can't go back. Don't want to. I want to be with you." Rupert winced.

"Then act like it, you arse!" Soren shot him a serious look. Finally, he smiled and pulled Rupert into him. "Honestly, luv, you gotta let loose, sometimes. Can't be wound up like this everyday." Soren reached for his pot then. Rupert definitely needed a good smoke to unwind.

4 comments:

Holly said...

oh..now..will soren show him his wicked ways...

elliestories said...

I dunno if he should do that.

Syed (dapper kid) said...

Hmmm I kinda think Rupert needs to steer clear of him.

meg said...

I think they need to talk more..understand each other more.