Wednesday, March 17, 2010

a bitter time

Anita couldn't think it could possibly be true. But Sebastian didn't come home. She felt faint when she thought it could possibly be her that had  made him run away.

"I  mean, I know he was pissed. But. But really, nothing to this magnatude." She was worried as she sat there at the kitchen table as she discussed  it with Jamie and Sasha about the last time she'd seen him at the halls in school. She felt so devasted now. Naturally, Sasha put her arm around her while Jamie was on the phone to the cops about how Sebastian had not come home. It was morning now. What could have possibly happened?

"Sh, don't upset yourself. I'm sure its nothing." But she'd been on the phone with Franny. Niether her nor Randy had seen him. "I'm sure he's fine. I'm sure of it." She smoothed down Anita's hair, but Anita still felt quite frazzled and so unhappy about this.

"What could I have said!" Anita shook her head, "I was awful. I truly was. I didn't mean to be so moody. I swear. It just...." She sighed and the tears overwhelmed her. It was frightening, and she hadn't a clue what to do now.

"Damn him!" Jamie winced.

"What? My brother won't help?" Sasha looked at Jamie. Her brother was a cop. Maybe they didn't speak to each other much anymore, but he always did his job well.

"No. No, its not that." Jamie shook his head. "Its all Leo's fault. Has to be. Sebastian running away. He just wants to get his attention." Jamie had a stern look. "My father cares of no one, but himself."

7 comments:

ellie said...

I'm glad you updated. I have to wonder if they'll figure out where Sebastian's gone.

cass and cady said...

Sebastian's gone..oh no!

meg said...

if they only knew the truth.

elliestories said...

I hope sebastian comes home.

Meg said...

I feel bad for Anita.

ellie said...

I left you an award.

nick and heath said...

Thanks for the note. I do hope Sebastian is found soon.