Friday, February 19, 2010

over the rainbow

"Not that I want to be testy about it, but is it really what you want?" Sebastian looked at Anita who was keeping quiet about this possibility as she had her head in a book.

She didn't want to think about it. A baby. True, she'd just gotten over a miscarriage. And it wasn't that they were trying. They weren't. They really weren't.

"I'm a little frighten. I'm not certain, it'll last long if it is possible." Yes, that was just the answer she needed about everything in her life these days. Her mum wouldn't talk to her. She was barely in contact with her brothers. And her sister had moved to Paris. Not that she'd need them. She guessed. As it was, Sebastian seemed all the family who wanted her and well, whatever may come, would come. She guessed.

"Lets not get discouraged, shall we." He plopped himself right down on the bed next to her.

"What are you talking about?" She winced then, looking at him. "More sex?"

"Hahahaaa, maybe." He acted as if that might give them something to do. "I mean, no. Of course not." But he kissed her then, confusing her all the more.

"My gramp is having an affair." He looked at her wide eyed as if she needed to carry this burden he was carrying.

"OK, he's not getting any younger, you know." She almost laughed.

"But with Ingrid." His look of disgust, made her laugh for real now.

"What is it that you hate so much about Ingrid?" She was curious.

"I dunno." He looked indifferent then.

"You do know." She kept her eyes on him.

"All right, she, she. I did something with her." He sighed.

"When?"

"Over the summer." He shrugged.

"You had sex with your cousin?" Anita winced.

"Not exactly." He made a face as if he wished she didn't know. "It was in the ..." He sighed heavily. "Oral nature." He made it sound as if their cousin had visted from a freaky kingdom, instead.

"Oh." She wanted to get back to her book. "So how was it?"

"I would rather not say." He looked away. "I was a bit high at the time. I don't like her, Anita. I don't. And..and if she could do that me. Lord knows what she's done to gramp." Now he really looked disgusted.

"Don't go there." She scowled then.

"I'm sorry." Sebastian shut his eyes tight. "I do love you. I do. And you do mean so much to me. You're like this adventure that I have no idea what the outcome might be. And I don't care. I just want to be with you in everything, good or bad. Its just, you know, do some people ever get that in their life? Like Gramp or Ingrid."

Anita just smiled and held his hand.

"We might never know." She sighed.

3 comments:

ellie said...

I'm glad he's being honest..but still a but unnerving.

Ailee Verzosa said...

hello just dropping by.... have a great week.... my dad is coming back home.... care to view my recent post?
http://passionatestar92.blogspot.com/2010/02/my-first-pgs-graduates.html

Holly said...

I hope they can stay honest with each other.