Monday, January 18, 2010

just so you know

"Do you mind telling me what you're up too?" Sasha looked at Jamie as if he was being his smart self. Possibly calculating what was next.

"Why would I mind?" He slyly smiled.

"We have to be honest with each other. No more games." She stared at him. They were alone in their flat. He was busy making tea while she was putting Risa down for a nap.

"All right. I'll be honest with you." He said as if it weren't a big deal. "My father is visiting."

"Yeah, and, and whats the catch, Jamie?"

"That he hates me with such delight." He smiled.

Sasha couldn't help but smile. She didn't see that in his father at all.

"If he knew who Sebastian really was, he'd go off the deep end. Its all for a good cause." Jamie shrugged.

"What sort of cause?" Sasha glared him.

"That he can love part of my mother, again." Jamie remained even lipped. "He was very angry with her when he found out about her affair. Didn't help that she'd been with someone young enough to be her son. Of course, it wasn't like he'd been there for her. Always on this business trips and what not. Had a mistress in every port, I imagine. And then he comes home and finds her with a baby that obviously wasn't his. It was his doing, you know. He sent Sebastian away. Mum was never the same after that."

"I wish she were here." Sasha sighed, thinking how sad she would have been if anyone sent Risa away.

"Well, I'm sure she's smiling about it, where ever she is." He made the brew then, and they sat down to a tray of biscuits and fruit. "So you won't tell?"

"You know you wouldn't let me." She smiled.

"Right." He grinned biting his bottom lip.

She was certain it would be a faded memory soon. Jamie was like that about these sort of matters.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

great read. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did you hear that some chinese hacker had hacked twitter yesterday again.

ivy's closet said...

I like their moments together.

ellie said...

hmmmm..still scheming as always.

the oaks said...

Hey, thanks so much for the comment anonymous..I post most every day here & I'm not sure exactly how to use twitter to my benefit..exactly, but thanks for reading & thanks for the comment.

elliestories said...

I'm glad he's being honest with her now.

Holly said...

At least he's tell her the truth. Finally.