Thursday, December 31, 2009

riding it out

Sasha came back to the house. Of course, Jamie was keeled over now. The rum had been too much. She took the empty bottle out of his hands. She'd left Risa with Kelsey. She supposed she'd need some time to put the puzzle back together again.

Sasha went and put a pot of coffee on. It wasn't a potion, but a good start to get Jamie back on track. As it was they'd missed Christmas. But what did it matter when you celebrated it as long as you had family to spend it with.

Sasha kept her arms crossed as she watched him snore. She almost laughed. Really, it was quite nice to see him so common. He had an arrogance about him that just would not completely go away, and yet, he was quite a bump on a log at the moment, but that wasn't exactly what she wanted, either.

She took a deep breath and gave him a slap in the face as hard as she could.

"What! What did I do?" His eyes opened and looked at her so shockingly.

"I think its time you sober up. Get back to business as usual."

"As usual?" He squinted hard.

"Yes." She went to pour him a cup of strong coffee. "Keep away from the rum."

"Rum?" He winced.

"If we want our family to stay in tact you can't be a pisser, you know."

"A pisser?" He grimaced.

"Jamie, you know what I'm talking about." She winced back as she went to fry him up an egg sandwich.

"No, I don't think I do?" He squinted, watching her. "My head, bloody hurts."

"Drink the damn coffee." She swelled a frown.

"You know, what I've done." He squinted with tears, his face turned red.

"I know." She nodded as she fried the sliced ham.

"You won't ever forgive me." His bottom lip quivered as he gritted.

"I already have." She told him.

He finally drank the black coffee then. Perhaps this could be mended without leaving a scratch, Sasha thought.

2 comments:

ellie said...

Its good to see Sasha handling this.

cass and cady said...

I hope Sasha knows what she got herself into with him.