Tuesday, December 1, 2009

moving on

Franny wasn't sure what to do. About so many things. Her life. Cecil. Now Randy.

She felt as is she'd taken refuge in Randy's innocents. True, he was barely in college. She hoped. But he made it sound so. Perhaps, it was a bit of a lie, but she didn't hold it against him. It was best to move on. And just to keep this a secret. But then where would she go?

"It might be best if I just move back home." Franny told Sasha at one of their little teas.

"But this is your home." Sasha promised.

"I thought it might be, but too many things have happened." Franny shook her head.

"You don't mean it?" Sasha looked at her shocked.

"But I do. Cecil is seeing someone." Franny told her.

"I thought so." Sasha whispered. "Please, don't be mad at me. I should have told you, but what if I were wrong, you know. I didn't want to stir up trouble."

"Its all right." Franny nodded. "I can't stay at Cecil's."

"Then come back here?"

Franny shook her head, no.

"Oh." Sasha knew why. Ingrid had a room here. "Please, tell me, you'll stay in the village. You'll be so missed. Especially at the hospital."

"Yes, I love my job. I do." She slightly smiled.

"Then you can't go. You must find your own place. You must." Sasha took her by the hand and held it. "What would I ever do without you?"

Franny just nodded. She'd see what she could do.

2 comments:

e.l. said...

I'm glad Sasha is so grownup, you know. They still need their friendship.

a jacob black tale said...

I'm glad franny's got sash