Friday, December 11, 2009

just shut up

"Jesus, Sebastian!" Anita looked for him on the floor. "Its not even you carrying this thing, you know."

"All right." He got up slowly, feeling sluggish. "You don't have to decide this moment, now do you?"

"No." But she wanted to get this over. Move on. Wasn't that what the goal was? But yes, she saw it too. This living thing. And when the nurse said it was normal. Well, it was miracle. It was. How could she even think of doing away with it?

"They wouldn't do it here, anyway," she got up afterwards and rubbed the cold jelly off her tummy. "I'd have to go to some woman's clinic."

"Oh." He looked at her so serious then when the lights came up. "I don't think you should do it."

"You can't decide." She informed him.

"I'm just saying, well, you know, have you really thought it through?" He winced.

"No." She shrugged. "But I'm scared, Bastian. I can't have a baby. I won't know what to do. I won't."

"You might know more than you think. You could learn." He told her.

She was in tears just thinking about it, as they were finally done with everything.

"I wish you hadn't been here. It would have been easier, if you weren't." She scowled.

"I suppose I would have never know then, huh?" He glared at her, unsmiling and sad.

"Don't look at me that way." She squinted. Just then she looked up, and there was Sebastian's father waiting for them.

"Well, looks like you're coming home with us, Anita." He smiled. "Your Mum's a bit more upset than I expected. You can stay with us as long as you like." He put his arm around her and then his other arm around Sebastian. "And you, dear young lad, are going to be there for this young lady. You, will be there for her and the duration of however long this takes."

Anita felt very warm and cozy, so suddenly. She hadn't expected that.

4 comments:

a degrassi moment said...

sounds as if she might not be so cruel.

ellie said...

I guess Jamie is using his powers.

Lon and Ellie said...

I hope they'll be OK.

Winnie said...

Aw, Sebastian's father seems lovely.