Tuesday, December 15, 2009

in the bleakest of times

"What are you really thinking?" Sebastian needed to know.

Anita had been so quiet as of late. Sebastian felt like a prisoner here with her in the basement. Jamie might as well have locked them up, and handcuffed them. "Really, I want to know?"

"That you hate me, that you don't believe me." She winced.

"Well, you're nothing like I thought you'd be, like when I first met you." He told her. "But then again, maybe you are."

She shook her head and hugged the pillow on her bed. Yes, they were sleeping together, but really it wasn't exactly a pajamma party. It hadn't been easy these past few days. Sebastian had read more Harry Potter than he'd ever desired mixed in with a few books of the Twilight series. He thought he might go crazy with all this literature in his system. It was giving him  nightmares of wizards and wolves and vampires.

"I want us to be friends, at least." He informed her. "We have to be. I don't care how crazy you are about your Japaneze boytoy."

"He won't like me, anymore." She squinted.

"How do you know that, really?" He glared back at her.

"Don't give me that look." She winced more. "I know the talk at school. Nobody wants anything to do with me now."

"So that's how it is, is it? People and their standards and all. Shit, the regulars get plastered every night in this silly village. Where do you think you are? Lasses popping babes out right and left. They go about their business. You just have to make it fashionable." He shrugged with a silly grin.

"What?" She looked at him as if he were crazy.

"Come on, lets look in that wardrobe of yours. Surely, there's something to salvage." He informed her.

"Maybe you should be the one putting on the outfits." She gave him a sassy look. He noticed she was laughing.

"All right." He prissed back to her wardrobe. "A style show you shall have."

1 comment:

fan fic said...

They are getting along fab.