Sunday, December 27, 2009

the coldness

Sasha didn't know where she was going. She was out in the cold with the baby. She wasn't sure if Risa was warm enough, but she had to find Rhys. Somewhere, out there. She called his mother, and she told her he was having a drink at the Black Cat. Of course, he would. It didn't have to be the holidays to find him down at the pub.

She walked all the way there as it was snowing so heavily now. Snowflakes covered her hair, but she didn't feel the cold so much. She just had to get to Rhys. Now.

Sure enough he was having a drinking game with his mates, from lord knows where. And of course, the slappers were gathered around as if he were someone of interest.

"Rhys!" She was out of breath.

"Yes?" He looked at her as a stranger. As if she was quite pathetic to be out in this weather with a baby.

"Its me, Sasha." She tried to be calm.

"And?" He shook his head. "What's that suppose to mean? Do I know you?"

"Yes." She nodded.

"Is there anyone in this village I haven't shagged?" He gave a shout out to everyone in the pub, grinning like a jackal of some kind.

Sasha caught herself from screaming as a cold chill quaked through her veins. He was the old Rhys, indeed.

"It was good to see you. I hope you're well." She fought the tears back. "I heard about your accident."

"Are you all right?" He looked at her puzzled.

"Yes, I guess I - I came to see my friend, Kelsey."  She managed to say as her throat were parched. Sasha hadn't a clue now what to exactly do.

2 comments:

heath and nick said...

I feel so sad for Sasha.

Ailee Verzosa said...

Happy New Year to you and to your family.
May 2010 bring you more blessings and happiness!