Wednesday, December 30, 2009

are you experienced

Honestly, Soren was too tired to even chat Rupert up. He didn't have any weed on him to help the situation, either. He supposed it wasn't to be. They had nothing in common but the fact that perhaps Rupert was just as lonely as he was.

He watched Rupert cradle his cup of hot coffee full of cream and sugar.

"You say you were in the states?" Rupert seemed intrigued.

"Chicago." Soren shrugged. "It was all right."

"I want to go to New York City, that's my dream, you know." Rupert seemed a bit sad that it would never happen.

"Its a city, dog eat dog. It can be just as shitty there as it is here." Soren was honest. "I worked my arse off. Did it get me anywhere? Bloody hell no."

"You could go back." Rupert was serious.

"I don't want to go back. I don't want to be let down, again." Soren was quite even lipped as he picked at his cherry pie with his fork.

Rupert leaned in about then as if it were a sign of some kind. Soren didn't budge, but watched.

"Are you going to kiss me?" Soren finally looked him in the eye.

"I don't...." Rupert held his breath. "know how."

Soren's lips curled up at the ends as if he were a little shocked.

"Really, it isn't difficult." Soren told him with so much confidence. "Do you want me to show you?" Soren edged closer.

"Yes, please." Rupert nodded.

"Close your eyes, I'd rather you didn't watch." Soren told him.

"But." Rupert just stared. Finally, he shut his eyes tight and held still.

Soren touched his chin. He felt Rupert's lips slightly quiver.

"Don't make me laugh," Soren said, honestly, it did feel to him like kissing a girl. So innocent and yet so new, to even Soren.

4 comments:

cait said...

I really loved this part.

Meg said...

It's cute that it's kind of awkward.

cass and cady said...

aw..they are cute together.

ellie said...

absolutely.