Sunday, November 15, 2009

one more bite

"So was it lovely?" Katy was pleased that Sasha had remembered her and brought her back some chocolates. They were divine as she bit into one.

"It was good." She noticed Sasha hesitate.

"Did you two have a fight?" Katy wondered.

"No. Nothing like that." Sasha sighed as she went to put Risa in her crib. "Its just... it seems bits are missing."

"Bits?" What ever did she mean.

"My mind, what if I'm losing it, Katy?" Sasha looked so puzzled.

"How could you say such a thing. You are not losing your mind. You just had a baby, you know. You lose time. That's all."

"It feels like weeks, some how. I just don't know." Sasha squinted. "I know I was furious about something with Jamie, now I can't remember. And I can't bring it up. It wouldn't be fair to him. He's so lovely and generous. It has to be me. It has to be."

"Just focus on the positive." Katy sat down with Sasha for tea. "I'm sure you'll be all right. You always are. You just are."

Sasha nodded. She supposed Katy was right. No need to fret about something that was possibly nothing to begin with.

"Do you ever feel you are in someone else's life? And not your own?" Sasha looked at Katy.

"Yes, its a movie." Katy laughed, but maybe she did know exactly how Sasha felt. She took another bite of chocolate.

4 comments:

dapper kid said...

Katy is such a good friend Sasha, gotta love her.

fan fic said...

I luv them as friends.

e.l. said...

Hopefully, Katy will help Sasha figure Jamie out.

Cait said...

I do enjoy their friendship.