Friday, September 25, 2009

moment by moment

Maxie was so happy to see Simon at the airport. He knew it was an inconvenience to say the least, but at least they finally got the police situation figured out. Maybe. He wasn't a suspect in Katy's disappearance.

Of course, one moment of happiness turned right back into tears. He was devastated with what happened.

"I don't know what to do, Simon?" Maxie choked back tears. "Every hospital. I'd call daily. I don't have the money to round up my own investigation. What am I to do?"

"I wish I could tell you what you want to here." Simon hugged Maxie. "You've lost weight. You couldn't afford to lose any as it was."

"It doesn't matter." Maxie fretted. "So much for the sights or any of it. We should have stayed home. I want to go home with Katy."

"What happened, exactly?" Simon walked the cobbled streets with him to get something cool to drink.

"We went to the bistro. Next thing I know when I come out of the bathroom, I can't find her. Then I try to tell the police what happened. Next thing I know I'm in jail."

They went into the bar and got themselves a local beer to drink.

"I brought pictures of her. Maybe that'll help." Simon sighed. "We'll go around and ask anyone if they know anything about Katy."

Maxie closed his eyes, hoping any prayer would come to him. He was exhausted. But he couldn't sleep, either.

"I hate that you have to do this," Maxie then told Simon. "I know you can hardly wait for the baby to get here. You should be home."

"She isn't due til next month. We'll do what we can Maxie." Simon was so serious. Maxie nodded. It was good to have someone from home by his side.

6 comments:

Cait said...

I'm glad Simon is there for Maxie.

cass and cady said...

I hope things are looking up for Maxie.

Meg said...

I'm glad Simon is there to help.

past the point said...

I hope it works out.

Winnie said...

I hope Katy is found soon, poor Maxie.

e.l. said...

Hope they find her too.