Wednesday, September 16, 2009

as it should

"I can't believe it." Randy shook his head. Sebastian saw him the next morning before school. He was over at his place having morning tea. It was unexpected, but Randy was pleased to see him. "Anita of all people. What happened?"

"She's with her Mum. I think she'll be staying home. I think her mum has plans for her to go to this retreat. I dunno. Just overheard bits. I called her. Told her what was up. She was right over. Anita probably hates me now." Sebastian shrugged.

"No, she doesn't. You had too." Randy told him. "It was the right thing to do."

"Good," Sebastian nodded. He needed to hear it, perhaps. After all, he'd spent the night alone last night. His Dad had gone out with Sasha and didn't come back.

"Is everything else, all right?" Randy looked at him as if he could tell him everything.

"Not sure," Sebastian didn't know what to say. "I hope Anita will-you know."

"Yeah, it'll take some time," Randy nodded. "But we'll be there for her."

"Yeah." Sebastian supposed as they finished up tea and biscuits. Strangely, Sebastian felt he'd closed the door somehow on Anita. He really had. Things had changed now. He really was with Randy. It was for the best. It was as it should be.

5 comments:

dapper kid said...

Oh dear, I hope everything will be ok!

cass and cady said...

Sebastian did do the right thing when it came to Anita and her problem.

ivy's closet said...

Hopefully, Sebastian won't feel bad for long.

Cait said...

They are good guys.

e.l. said...

I hope Anita will get better.