Wednesday, August 19, 2009

under the bed

Anita went to the bathroom before she went to her room. Why was it - she couldn't hold her liquor? She wasn't drunk. Sober than ever. She'd had to listen nonstop about Theresa who was just too busy to meet with them.

Everything was so grim. She winced at herself as she washed her face. Maybe she would go to bed soon if she drank some cold meds or something. She doubted she had any. Perhaps it would be a blessing if she didn't. But really, she wanted to some how not have Theresa on her mind.

She went in her room then and switched on the light. Everything was just as it was. No surprises. Anita set down on the bed taking off her shoes and socks. She undressed just down to her undershirt and bikinis, slid under the covers and turned off the light. She laid there restless for the longest time.

She thought of Randy, all happy about how he'd show Sebastian the ropes. She told him flat out that he was to show him nothing. Why would he say that? What was he trying to do? Besides, Sebastian was very innocent. She wanted him to stay that way.

Just as Anita was about the relax in the darkness. She did not feel alone. Something moved and it wasn't her. She turned on the lamp by her bed immediately. Were there rats in the basement? She'd never been scared before. She remembered the story Randy had told her about the fit they had down at the Dog pub where he washed dishes.

"Rats the size of your arm. And they'd be in traps, but other rats would come out and eat the ones in the traps." He'd told her. It made her nausea to think of the gruesome tale. Perhaps there was one right under her bed. Well, she would face it. Now.

But to her surprise there wasn't a rat under her bed.

"Sebastian!" She shined a light on him. "What are you doing here?"

"Nothing." He was cold to her naturally as he squirmed underneath.

"Have you been here before?" She wanted to know, keeping the flash light on him. He squinted hard shaking his head.

"What do you want?" She scowled.

"I dunno." He bit his bottom lip. "I'm sorry." He was going to go.

"Come here." She made a place for him next to her. "I don't understand you?"

"There is nothing to understand," He looked sad though.

"Do you like me?" She wanted to know.

He edge closer, finally setting down on the edge of the bed.

"What is the point." He shrugged. "You don't like me."

"That's not true," she smiled. "I find you very interesting. I want to be your mate, but maybe you've never had one, have you?"

"Just Ingrid." He finally nodded. "But she's just a cousin. I'd see her on holidays."

"She's family."

"Yeah." He nodded, then looked at her. "Can I sleep with you? Just as a mate."

"Did something happen?"

"Kind of, I just don't want to go back to my room right now, you know." He pressed his lips tightly.

"Sure." She nodded. "Just mates, though."

"Always." He sounded so certain of it. Anita smiled. She pushed her fingers through his messy hair and kissed his forehead. She thought he might faint on her.

Newt in a bad way

10 comments:

cait said...

that was a scary story Randy told her. & then finding Sebastian under her bed. hmmm...I think they need each other. Especially, as friends.

e.l. said...

I'm glad they have each other.

Adela said...

can't wait to read more!

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

the oaks said...

Thanks for the notes.

anthony luvs johanna said...

I wonder how long this will last? I'm sure Sebastian wants to be more than friends with her.

Winnie said...

What a strange place to hide...I can't hold my drink either and it's been a while since I bought a real drink at a bar.

S. Mimi C. said...

You are a great writer! (: Too bad I've never heard of Hollyoaks until finding your blog. D: I don't get the concept and plot and the characters just yet. I might catch up with your work though from the beginning.

the oaks said...

oh..my lord..don't know if there is a beginning.hahahaha..

S. Mimi C. said...

haha, yeah, well, i'm still trying to figure it out! :D a lot of drama. it's like gossip girl... but less rich.

the oaks said...

lol..definitely less rich.