Sunday, August 30, 2009

on the train

A cold shiver ran through Maxie even if the sun was coming in on the train, and they were hardly awake in the sleeper car.

Of course, he woke from a dream with Jamie in it. He saw him with Katy. It just had to be his imagination. Perhaps the guilt was just getting to him, but no, no he couldn't speak of it with Katy. He just couldn't. It was like something on the tip of his tongue that he could not find words for.

"What are you thinking?" Katy smiled up at him who saw that he'd been looking out the window of the train."

"Nothing, I suppose," he smiled back to her. "Are you feeling, all right?" The train gently swayed. It was actually a very relaxed feeling.

"Quite fine." She looked at her watch then. "Goodness, its going on noon."

Maxie yawned.

"Would you want lunch in bed?" He offered then.

"That would be lovely," she sighed. "I wonder what Jamie is up too?"

"He has his hands full with Tristan, you know." Maxie reminded her.

"I wonder if Colin is with them." Katy frowned.

"Don't worry so, I'm sure Jamie will make sure they keep up with his schedule, you know." He kissed the side of her forehead then. He got up to get dressed.

"I hope."

"We'll be back in a few days." He shrugged.

"Are you sure going all the way to Spain was the right thing to do?" She looked at him so seriously.

"Yes. Its a honeymoon, and you can still enjoy one, even in your condition." He told her.

"If you say so." She sighed.

"Don't go anywhere, I'll bring back some fruit and cheese." He nodded.

"Do I look like I want to go anywhere?" She laughed. She was after all in nothing but a sheet wrapped around her.

Ian & Shou

7 comments:

aiLee920 said...

blog hopping... just doing my daily rounds....

have a great weekend!

mariarose said...

awwwh:)

past the point said...

I'm glad Maxie still wants to be with Katy.

FabBlab said...

Interesting.

Ivy's closet said...

They are sweet together. I hope Jamie will leave them alone.

ellie said...

I hope Caty & Maxie will bond more on this honeymoon.

cait said...

Yeah, I hope they have some fun.