Sunday, August 2, 2009

on the downside

Anita looked back. She couldn't believe her eyes. What had happened to him? He was laying there between the chairs and table. Unconscious. Evidently.

Anita got down on the floor and touched Sebastian's smooth face. He smelled sweet as a sugar cookie. She hadn't noticed before. Just a bit of cream on his bottom lip.

"Hey, are you all right?" She asked as her hair fell around her shoulders. Almost on him. She was so close. Scared he wasn't breathing properly.

Before she knew it, he was kissing her. Then the cream was on her lip.

"Sebastian, you bad little lad." Anita scowled. "What was that for?" She pushed him off her.

"Sorry," he shivered. "I dunno. I thought you were trying to save me, and I was just trying to help. Really."

Anita thought it funny then as she looked up and saw people who worked there all around them, looking down at them.

"Don't laugh at me." Sebastian hugged himself them.

"You're just fine." She helped him up. She told the help, he was all right. Nothing was wrong.

"You scared me," she then said. The shock of the kiss was still fresh on her mouth as she licked her bottom lip.

"Didn't mean too." He remained even lipped still hugging himself.

"Will you be all right?" They went out into the street then for their walk back to the library.

"Of course." He wouldn't look at her though.


Gemma isn't sure

6 comments:

aiLee920 said...

thanks for posting my link on your site...
i did the same....

e.l. said...

This made me laugh. Oh, Sebastian.

sid and violet said...

He's adorable!

past the point said...

He's something. for sure.

maxxie n tony said...

I loved his reply.

Cait said...

What a moment. He's something.