Monday, July 13, 2009

right about now

Frannie felt as if she would be sick. Sasha was in labor. And she wasn't there.

"You really shouldn't think of going to the hospital now," Cecil did his best to keep her home. "You need to rest. You were on your feet enough today." He'd rubbed them, noticing they were swollen a bit. "You have to take it easy."

She shook her head, no. She didn't have to take it easy. She shouldn't. A part of her felt like losing the baby just because it was Rhys'.

She kept thinking to herself. She could start over with Cecil. It would be a fresh start. No excess baggage. And yet, she hated herself for thinking about something so horrible. Really, she didn't want anything bad to happen to the baby. It was her baby. Not Rhys. She kept telling herself this. Although, she resented it just as well.

It was so complicated.

Deep down she felt so old now. She was suppose to be wise, but she wasn't.

"You know my baby will be a brother or a sister to Sasha's." It was the first time she'd ever spoken of it. Really, she needed to know how Cecil felt about that even it were late, and they should be resting instead of talking.

"It doesn't matter." Cecil told her. "Besides, I don't see Rhys knocking on our door wanting to be a part of its life, now do you?"

He was right.

"I wouldn't forbid him, you know. Even if I've never liked him." Cecil told her.

"I have no feelings for him." She didn't believe, anyway. Other than hate. "I thought of giving it up for adoption, you know."

"Really?" Cecil winced. "I didn't know. I wouldn't ask you to. I would raise it as my own, you've known that. Its just a baby, Frannie."

He'd put it in such simple terms. He was right. Why all these dreadful thoughts running around in her head?

"Right?"

"It is a part of you. And I love you. And I think I'm ready. Really, I am." Cecil smiled. "I want to be a father."

Frannie just smiled thinking those were the best vows she could have ever heard from him. But she knew he wanted to get married.

"Then we shouldn't put off the wedding any longer." She knew it now. She wanted to be married before the baby was born.

5 comments:

ellie said...

I think cecil is a good guy. I'm glad Frannie is with him.

fan fic said...

This was great. I hope they get married soon.

past the point said...

I feel so sad for Frannie. I hope she stays optomistic.

em said...

Ohh a wedding, that would be interesting.

Lady Stardust said...

hello
thanks for your comment (:

xx