Saturday, July 4, 2009

a little dinner

Maxie knew Frannie was coming over to spend the evening with them while the big concert was going on. She was bringing Nico who seemed to be hitting it off pretty much with Tristan. At least no hitting had happened just yet. He hoped they could keep it that way.

He was making a quiche hoping that would keep everyone settled, and of course, strawberries and cream.

"You mean you aren't going to the big show tonight?" Katy came into the kitchen while Tristan was still down for a nap.

"Afraid not, its a bit stuffy and you know how rowdy it gets." He shrugged. "Were you planning a girl's night in or something."

"No, but what about Ian?" She looked at him.

"He wouldn't miss me," Maxie said. "He's much to busy to notice if I were there and, and no. I'm not going."

"But you went to the last show?"

"Yeah." He couldn't say anymore to her. "He'll be fine. Really." He left it at that as he got the quiche in the oven. "I think I'll go see if I can find some greens for a salad." He then said as he picked up a basket to go out in the back yard.

Katy followed him. "Did you have a disagreement?"

"What?" He winced in the sun.

"You and Ian."

"No." He pulled at the greens ready for the fixings. "We were just spending too much time together. And I think he's finally over Sasha now."

"So did he meet someone?" She was right behind him.

"Doubtful, you know Ian." He shrugged. "But he's fine. He'll be fine. Going out with the band is just what he needs right now." Maxie nodded. He knew he needed to be away from Ian, too.

4 comments:

Cait said...

I'm glad Maxie is there for Katy.

sid and violet said...

I'm glad they're back together. Katy doesn't need to ask him too many questions.

past the point said...

Maxie..I do wonder who he'll choose. I guess katy for now, but I like him with Ian too.

ellie said...

Katy's questions. They are innocent..actually, but if only she knew how innocent Maxie isn't. Yet, I really like Maxie, too.