Sunday, June 21, 2009

on its way

Maxie had the fire going for the steaks and the franks and anything else anyone would want on the BBQ.

"So you were out here all along?" Kady found him in the back yard. "I swear this place is still a mystery to me."

She had Tristan with him, and he just smiled as if he'd expected it.

"Suppose I can spend more time with you now if he's around," he said and he meant it too. He'd seen what he'd seen at the Black Cat, Jamie kissing Ian. It was over wasn't it? Truly over, and it was devastating like he'd antispated. It was as if this need to be with Ian had suddenly closed itself up, and he was exactly where he wanted to be with Katy and Tristan.

He kissed Cady's cheek then and rubbed the top of Tristan's head.

"I hope you don't mind, but I bought the salads and fix'n so we wouldn't have to go to so much trouble. I hear Frannie is bring sweets so I think its covered." He told her.

Just then he saw Fletch with a soccer ball who started to kick it about until Lauren showed him a thing or two about how to kick a true footballer.

The BBQ was starting, and it felt like the beginning of a lovely evening.

4 comments:

Cait said...

that was sweet. i'm glad Maxie is there for her.

ellie said...

Looks like the BBQ will be great.

Winnie said...

Sounds like an awesome day for a BBQ. My friend's BBQ turned out to be not so good because of the weather but thankfully there are such things as ovens!

past the point said...

Oh..I love a cook out with friends.