Monday, June 15, 2009

believe me trust me later

Kady almost lost it when she saw Jamie at the hospital. She was visiting Tristan who was having one of his better days. He wasn't sick today. Much better. He was even happy to see her. Not listless at all. Really, she thought he might know who she was. It had been amazing, then to get a shock like this. Jamie of all people.

"What are you doing here?" She tried her best to act as if she cared. Really, she didn't.

"Its a hospital." Jamie said quite simply with a shrug.

"Are you spying on me?" She couldn't keep her cool. He was so irritating.

"I have better things to do." Jamie squinted with a smile.

"Like what?" She didn't believe him.

"Is there anything you want to tell me?" He stood there waiting like a priest willing a confession.

There was a lump in her throat. She could hardly speak. She wanted to tell him to go to hell. But she couldn't. It was as if he'd put a hex on her if she didn't do what she was told. "I-" She absolutely found herself gaging on her words. "Please don't be mad at me. Please!" She begged and he put his arms around her and just with his touch, she felt that he knew. He knew exactly who Tristan was to the both of them.


After a very long sobbing cry, she found herself having tea with him in the dining hall.

"I know its not your fault," he said. "It really isn't."

Kady didn't know what to say.

"I see why you didn't tell Colin, but really you should bring Tristan home with you. That's where he belongs. Don't you see its being here that makes him sick." Jamie told her, but it sounded like a solution perhaps, or was that an order?

"He's on such medications and..and he isn't well." Kady scowled.

"How can you be sure its not the medications making him ill?" Jamie questioned.

"I've given him up." She admitted.

"But you're always here," Jamie smiled.

"I can't. How could I?" She knew she'd let her little boy down. It would be such debt to pay if she took charge of him now. "It would be impossible."

"Nothing is impossible." Jamie told her. "Do you want him?"

"Yes." There was no way not to tell him the truth.

"Then get him." He ordered.

"I don't know how?"

"We'll, you'll have to have a little faith," Jamie assured her. "What if I told you I could make it happen?"

"You?" Kady thought her breath might be taken away.

"Just do it."

She felt herself shake inside as if she might explode if she didn't. She just nodded. She would do as she was told.

4 comments:

the oaks said...

Jamie is a surprise...in so many ways.

cait said...

ok..I'm half a sleep here..sorry. I typed in your name instead of mine..

Anyway, good stuff.

e.l. said...

wow, that Jamie it something.

dapper kid said...

I feel so sorry for Tristan, he really does need someone. And I totally wasn't expecting the heart to heart with Jamie!