Tuesday, May 5, 2009

a new day

When Maxie awoke, at least he knew he was with Katy. This was where he was suppose to be. Right?

But he thought of Ian and the mess he was in. Maybe that's what this was all about. If he didn't feel so awful about losing Sasha, then maybe he wouldn't be in this fix.

No. No, Maxie knew he needed to be there for Ian because Ian would be there for him. Right?

It was so puzzling. He just didn't want Ian doing anything he'd regret, but what if Maxie did something with Ian that he might regret.

They'd just kissed. All right, made out. Nothing more. Just school kid stuff. It was not complete sex. Not like Simon and Josh. Maxie shook his head, no.

But what if Ian went over the edge and just found someone. Found himself in something he couldn't get out of?

Maxie felt himself melting into tears ,and he didn't know why. Was it because he had feelings for Ian, and he didn't want him to be with anyone else but him, or the fact he didn't want to see Ian hurting himself?

"What is it?" Katy awoke then and cuddled next to him, resting her head on his chest.

"Its nothing. Nothing really," he murmured.

"I'm sorry." She said so quietly as her fingers caressed his side. "I haven't been quite honest with you. I really wanted to, but then I wasn't sure how you'd feel, but I have to tell you now, Maxie."

"Tell me what?" Maxie's eyes lit.

"We're a family, and I have tell you everything, shouldn't I?"

"A family?" What was she trying to tell him, exactly? "What is it?"

"We're going to have a baby." Katy looked up at him and smiled. "But there's more." She frowned.

"More?" He was still in shock about the baby news.

"Yes, I already have son." She squinted then. "And, and I was never going to tell anyone. Because he's not quite right. Actually. He's Colin's son. I gave him up, but he's sick and, and I see him when I can. That's where I've been. At the hospital." She was rather sad. "Its all my fault, you know, I hope you don't hate me from keeping it from you?"

Maxie just pushed his fingers through her hair. He could only imagine why the baby was sick from all the drugs when she was with Colin. "Its all right. Its not your fault. What's his name?"

"Tristan." She nodded.

"Tristan." Maxie smiled. "Very nice name."

She hugged him closer then.

"I can't let you go," she told him. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. We'll be happy, won't we?"

"Yes." But he couldn't stop crying. He just couldn't.

2 comments:

ellie said...

So happy yet sad at the same time.

cait said...

Oh...Katy. I feel so sad for her and I feel happy about the baby..and yet, I feel for Maxie and how he feels about Ian, too.