Saturday, May 2, 2009

long gone

Cecil was satisfied that Frannie was still there by morning. Seriously, she need pampering. And he wanted to give it to her.

He brought her tea in bed. He'd let her rest as long as possible even if Nico had woke him at the crack of dawn wanting breakfast. They'd spent some quiet time together while she'd slept soundly.

"Seriously, don't you think you're pushing it, a little hard in your condition?" He finally brought up the fact that they didn't talk about much, her due date.

Frannie took her tea and acted as if she hadn't heard a word he said.

"I like my job." She finally managed to say as she nursed the tea.

"No, you have to make a living, thats why you have the job." He told her.

"When's the baby due?" He asked point blank then as if he needed to know.

"Late summer, why?"

"I think you should take some time off. Did you even enjoy being pregnant with Nico?" There he went with more questions.

"I suppose. Why?" She glared up at him then. "I had to keep busy, what of it?"

"I don't suppose anyone was there for you, were they?" Cecil winced.

"My brother helped me a great deal. Before he got sick, anyway."

"Gaspard?" Another mystery to him.

"Sasha should have married him." She then said.

Cecil nodded wondering if he possibly had anything to do with that matter. It was so long ago now, and he'd been happy when Sasha came back to him. But those days were over, and she was with Rhys now.

"And you? You and Nico's father, what happened there?"

She gasped slightly as she sipped more tea.

"Nothing. Nothing happened." She winced then. "Look, nothing will happen with me and this baby's father, either." She was quiet then. Cecil just kept looking at her, wishing he knew the right thing to say, but he didn't. "Look, it was a one off. That's all it was. Just the one off. I want nothing to do with him." She shook her head.

"Its all right." He told her. "I'm sure he's long gone by now."

"Its Rhys." She then crumbled.

Cecil just sighed. He'd have wait to see just which way this thing would go. Did he dare want to be a part of it now?

4 comments:

simon n josh said...

Of course he does.

just a moment said...

cecil and frannie should be together.

cait said...

They're good together.

elliestories said...

I hope they'll be there for each other.