Wednesday, May 27, 2009

its time

"What is really on your mind?" Cecil finally got up the nerve to ask Frannie. "You feeling OK, right?"

"Yes, I'm OK." She gave him a kiss on the cheek to assure him as she went into his kitchen to make him a lovely chicken dinner with rosemary and pasta.

"Maybe we should eat out." He didn't want to put her to work when she'd just gotten off work.

"Its no trouble."

"I think it is," he pulled her back into the livingroom and sat her right on the couch and took off her shoes. "You rest, and I'll make dinner."

She just sighed and did as he asked.

"Why are you so good to me?" She laughed.

"Because I want you." He grinned back.

Her smile faded and the baby kicked inside her as a gentle reminder of what the future would be.

"I couldn't have you stuck with two children." She shook her head.

"It doesn't matter to me, they're your children and I would love them as much as I love you." Cecil told her.

Was she dreaming? It couldn't be true.

She reached up and wrapped her arms around his neck and cried into his shoulder then.

"Can I move in?" She found herself asking.

"Of course." He kissed her then.

She looked around for Nico, but he was busy with his toys there. It was as if he'd already moved in.

3 comments:

maxxie and tony said...

That Frannie knows when to make a move..or is that Cecil?

L. Love said...

I liked the way it ended.

e.l. said...

I like the way the story is moving.