Thursday, April 9, 2009

the secret

"So I told them," Sasha pursed her lips then as if she wasn't sure to be proud of herself or not.

"So how did they take it?" Ian kept busy in the kitchen. She was watching him make pancakes for dinner.

"Better than I expected, I suppose." She sighed.

"Then no more of this....this secret stuff," Ian then looked at her. "All right?"

"Of course," She guessed she'd done the right thing. But still something felt wrong. She needed to tell him everything. He needed to know the truth.

"Its just," She wanted to keep it in for so long. "The baby could be, it could be Frannie's brother's."

"What?" Ian almost dropped the skillet. "What are you going on about?" He turned off the heat then and put the skillet to the side with the half raw pancake, barely bubbling now.

"Its just, I want to believe the baby is yours, I do. I'm sorry," She cringed.

Ian just shook his head.

"When? When did this happen? Exactly?" He needed details as he gritted a scowl.

Sasha needed to sit down, but he grabbed her shoulders instead.

"Tell me!" He demanded.

"I-I don't know how-how she talked me into it. He was dying." She bit her bottom lip then as tears streamed down her face.

He let go of her then and grabbed his jacket.

"Where are you going?" She blurted.

"I can't." He shook his head then. "I have to get out of here. I can't take this from you, right now." His squinted hard then and took off out of the flat.

Sasha fell back on the couch crying more.

She burst into tears then.

2 comments:

ellie said...

OH NO..say it ain't so. Ian just left?

cait said...

It would have been a very touchy subject to bring up.