Monday, February 16, 2009

told you how i used to be

If i told you things i did before
told you how i used to be
would you go along with someone like me
if you knew my story word for word
had all of my history
would you go along with someone like me

-young folks


Those were the worst cinnamon rolls that Maxie had ever seen, but damn if they didn't taste incredible.

"How on earth did you do it?" He asked Katy. It was in the wee hours of the morning. Here they were in the kitchen hoping to come up with something delightful for breakfast.

"Well, it was just some bread you get in the fridge part of the store. Perhaps, I shouldn't have gone with the canned stuff." She scratched the back of her head then as she frowned. "This is your territory."

"No, it isn't." His eyes lit.

"You can cook. Its like a gift." She told him.

"Of course, just a gift." He didn't believe her. "I make do, all right." He took a bite of the gooey mess. "Its is rather sinful." He grinned.

"As if you'd know, you are not sinful." She crossed her arms.

He looked at her and winced.

"As if," he sighed. "Look, I'm not an angel by any means." He just wasn't sure why he felt the need to tell her the mess he'd been in, looking at her mess that no boarder would want in their right mind. "I was in a bit of-"

"What?"

"Never mind." He didn't want to go down that road. "I do have trouble sleeping, still. And, and I think that's why I like sleeping with you. I'm not alone." He pressed his lips together as he better shut it before he exposed to much.

"You do talk in your sleep from time to time."

"Is that so," Well, he didn't know. "Sorry."

"In fact, you seem to fight in your sleep, sometimes." Katy crossed her arms.

"Oh," He held in a breath then. "Maybe you'd prefer to be in..in another room, after all."

"What happened?" Katy looked him in the eye as if he better spill it. Now. "I've told you about Col. You could at least explain to me, the nightmares."

"They're not nightmares," he sighed. "I don't think." He leaned against the counter, bracing himself.

"Are you sure?"

"I was just in a little trouble in the city, you know." He shrugged.

"What kind of trouble?"

"Not in the beginning. It was all rather usual. I made a few drop off. It was cash. I didn't do anything."

"So it wasn't on the up and up?" Katy pressed for answers.

"I dunno." His eyes tried to dart from her, but she wouldn't let them. "It was the gambling, all right. That's how it started. And ended. I owed them money. They beat me up. I ended up in a ware-house. Somewhere. I guess I was left for dead. Maybe I looked that way. But no one is after me since, and I haven't gambled a quid, either."

"So you're saying you learned your lesson?"

He nodded. "I learned to swim too." He grinned. Perhaps that was the only way to go.

Kooks young folks

6 comments:

taffy. said...

and katy still cares for him :)

Cate said...

Food doesn't need to look perfect, it just needs to taste perfect :)
I like Maxie, I'm sure he learned his lesson. AND I like it if guys can cook ^^
I love the Kooks!
My song recommedation for you today is the Kaiser Chiefs-Thank you very much :)

blue hearts said...

Very glad he learned to swimn. I like them together.

cady x said...

Thanks for the comment. :)
I like "Vegas" better, too. I can't get it out of my head lately. That and "Bone Garden" by I Am Ghost.

I liked this part. Keep going.

trace cyrus fan fic said...

maxie is sweet .. dang it!

Summer said...

I agree w/ Cate,the food doesn't need to look perfect as long as the person is concern.And i think Katy is still cares for him.anyway nice blog.=)