Monday, January 26, 2009

what to do


Lauren looked everywhere for Laleh at school that morning. It was hopeless. She was more down than ever before.


"What's wrong?" Newt asked. "Are you OK?"


"No," she told him. "Its Laleh." She didn't want to cry about it. It was so hard to concentrate in class. The day might as well have been a waste.


"What did she do this time?" Newt looked Lauren over.


"Its my fault," Lauren shrugged as they walked the halls.


"It could never be your fault," he smiled.


"Well, she's just hasn't been herself with Ste home." Lauren looked at Newt out of the corner of her eye. "I don't know why she has to be this way. She doesn't have to do a thing for him. She's got Maxie there waiting on him all the time. Then she gets mad at me. Next thing I know, some guy is answering her phone."


"Really?" Newt grimaced. "She's such a bitch. It'll only get worse I'm afraid. I'd really thought she'd changed, but now I'm not so sure."


"I don't know what to do?" Lauren winced.


"Look, Anita and Teresa are here. I'm sure they can think of something. Between the three of you I'm sure something brilliant will come to you." Newt gave her a pat on the back. "I'd just give her the silent treatment for a while if I were you. It works like a charm." He winked and went on down the hall to his locker.

6 comments:

Cate said...

Newt is right. Silent treatment DOES work perfectly. And for EVERYONE. NO exception.

Grace said...

Silent treatment does work but only to a certain extent and wehn used on people who are intelligent and have a conscience tha will actually haunt them once they pick up on it. Because then the guilty kicks in and they remedy the situation but IT MIGHT NOT WORK.

Kira Fashion said...

I agree with Cate...

a kiss!

dkdc said...

Most definitely a start with Laleh.

ellie said...

I don't know if you should be friends with someone like her. She's scary to me.

Sydney said...

silent treatment.

where would we be without it?!