Sunday, January 18, 2009

a walk with Sasha

Lauren walked the streets for a while thinking this might be a good time to have a heart to heart with Sasha. She needed to find her. Maybe all she really needed was her sister. Perhaps she could at least shed some light.

Just then she found Sasha walking toward her all bundled up.

"I haven't seen you in ages," Lauren approached her, going somewhere.

"And who's fault might that be?" Sasha wasn't her sisterly self, evidently.

"Look, I'm sorry." Lauren winced thinking this was a fine time for apology, especially when she didn't even know they'd had had a falling out.

"Sorry? Really, well, aren't you just a little preoccupied with that girlfriend of yours lately." Sasha tossed her straight hair back. She looked positively radiant. What had she done to herself?

"I suppose, but I miss you." Lauren put her hand on Sasha's wrist. She let it rest. Thankfully.

"Well, walk with me, I'm on my way to Simon and Josh's. Amy's gone. Evidently."

"How tragic." Lauren nodded.

"Surely, they'd find her."

"You don't like Laleh do you?" Lauren knew it now.

"I don't dislike her," Sasha looked at Lauren. "I suppose, I see you too young for this sort of thing. That's all. You really want to throw your life away on snide cow like her."

"She isn't like that." Lauren shook her head.

"Come on, she is, you would be much better off if you just, just thought about your studies." Sasha told her.

"You want me to go back to Ian, don't you?"

Sasha stopped walking and took a step back to look at Lauren.

"I never said that, now did I?" She sighed. "You're smart. You're so talented. Just don't waste it all away like I have."

"You haven't wasted away," Lauren said. "You're too young to think this way. And you know it. Why can't you apply at the dance school? You could be teaching dance, if you put your mind to it."

Sasha just smiled and walked on telling her it might be a bit late for that.

"There is just something different about you," Lauren said looking at Sasha. "What is it?"

"Nothing," Sasha looked back at her. She looped her arms with Lauren then.

They walked down the street as the snow began to whirl above.

"I think Ian is seeing someone," Lauren just said as if it were a thought she'd accidentally said aloud.

"Ian? Really? Do you miss him?" Sasha kept walking though.

"No, I just hope he's happy. I think so, but he's not telling."

Sasha just nodded. Lauren looked at Sasha out of the corner of her eye and wondered what her sister wasn't telling her, too.

3 comments:

Cate said...

About the "shopaholic" chapter: Oh, Laleh seems quite... In a state there. Not really good to talk to at the moment.
About "confiding and confessing": I'm always so ridiculously happy too when I'm in love ^^

Sasha is so smug. But somehow i still like her better than Laleh.

another.ellie said...

Sasha needs to be a good sister.

Cait said...

Lauren needs to spend more time with Sasha.