Thursday, January 8, 2009

on the brink

Maxie wasn't sure where to start when Ste practically fell in his hands. So he parked him in front of the TV and called Simon.

Maxie: You gotta help me on this one. You have to?

Simon: I'm having a bad time. I have no idea what you're even going on about, mate?

Maxie: Ste, who else!

Simon: What's he doing?

Maxie: Just staring at the tele.

Simon: Make sure its educational.

Maxie: Educational?

Simon: We'll both have a better sound mind if you do.

Maxie: OK, yeah, I got it.

Simon: Better yet, just talk to him. OK.

Maxie: OK.

Simon: That means you have to get off the phone with me.

Maxie: I just don't know if I can do this. Dunno, mate. Gonna go stir crazy!

Simon was hanging up. "Damn you," he said to no one. Actually. Then he looked at Ste wondering if he'd pick up on that. That's all he needed. Him, imitating him like a damn parrot.

Maxie fumed. Maybe he was just making a big deal out of nothing. Ste sat there like a bump on a log. What if he never moved?

Maxie turned the television off. Still no expression on Ste's stoic face.

"Sorry, mate, I know I'm a bit of a bore," Maxie set down and looked at him in the wheel chair. "I'd make a spot of tea if it would help, but I truly think you'd not drink it. How on earth will you come around?"

Slowly, Ste turned his head and looked right into Maxie's eyes.

"Oh my God, I think there is someone in there." Maxie was shocked.

8 comments:

ellie said...

That would have been scary..Ste doing that. I do feel for Maxie.

Cait said...

Maxie certainly has his work cut out for him. I do wonder how Ste will be.

gossip guy said...

I like how he called Simon..and the last line was great too.

Cate said...

I liked how he called Simon too, the way they talked about what Ste should watch on TV ;-)

what we needed said...

Maxie and Ste hmmmm..what could possibly go wrong?

Wana said...

maxie and ste...
im interested...

dapper kid said...

Yikes, kinda creepy, but I think if they just keep talking to him and trying to engage him, he'll come around.

what we needed said...

update soon.