Saturday, January 17, 2009

confiding and confessing

Lauren found Ian at Cecil's record shop tuning his guitar.

"Fancy meeting you here," Ian just said as an after thought. He seemed so serious about that guitar of his.

Lauren was out of snuff. She went to get her something to drink in Cecil's fridge.

"Why are you so damn happy?" She couldn't help but want to slap that smug look of his.

"Uh, I'm just thinking of ..of...music." He shrugged.

"Of course, you are," she winced.

"What happened?" He put down his guitar then.

"Laleh," Lauren rolled her eyes and glared back at Ian to stop smiling. "Who else?"

"Laleh? What has she done this time?"

"Just her true self, I guess." Laleh seethed a bit peeved.

"But you should expect it, right?"

"I dunno." Lauren hugged herself then.

"I'm sure it was just a row and it'll work its self out, eventually." Ian told her.

"What if it doesn't?" Lauren winced.

"Lets not give up so easily, now." Ian grinned.

"What would you know?"

"I don't," Ian sighed still smiling as if he were about to float off to a cloud somewhere and pick daisies for a lover.

"God! What is wrong with you! What happened to you?" She could hardly take all this happiness of his.

"If I tell you something," He whispered then. "You can't tell anyone..or- no, no I don't want to tell you," he then said allowed. "I can't. You don't give a shit what happens to me, anyway. Why should I confide in you." Ian turned away. "Just find Laleh and make up, will you. You know you will, sooner or later."

Lauren pressed her lips together and watched him. He had to be in love. Had to be.

"I'm sorry, I said anything. I didn't mean it. I want you to be happy, I do." Lauren then sighed. He was right. She had to find Laleh and make up.

2 comments:

another.ellie said...

He almost spilled the beans about Sasha..glad he didn't.

Sydney said...

that was close.