Friday, January 16, 2009

chatting

Maxie wasn't all that sure he could take it being cooped up with Ste another day. There were the little things he had to make sure were taken care of. Like if Ste could eat properly. When to take a piss and could he even hold his penis in his hand.

Generally he didn't and Maxie wasn't quite sure if that was on purpose or perhaps an act.

"Maybe I should get that Father Kieran in here to look after you?" Maxie told him, thinking holding a man's penis to pee was not all it was cracked up to be. Especially, when he hadn't a clue where to aim in the loo.

Naturally, he called Simon just for peace of mind.

"What is it this time?" Of course Simon sounded pissed to hear from him.

"Just a chat." Maxie had so much to say, but he didn't know where to start. "Is anything the matter?"

"What?" Simon sounded a little low even if he protested.

"Say it, will you. Get it off your chest, you'll feel much better, mate." Maxie told him this as he prepared toast with butter and jam.

"I-I was with Kelsy." Simon finally said barely above a breath.

"You and that lass? How did that happen?" Maxie knew this didn't sound good.

"New Year's eve. I think it it was all the raspberry vodka. Honest, I didn't see it coming."

"Kelsy?"

"No, getting wasted, what do you think?"

"Sorry."

"I don't remember it. I doubt she does, either. I should just forget it." Simon sighed as if he already had.

"But what if it comes back to haunt you?"

"Yeah, you would have to remind me," Simon said. "Have you ever done anything quite as trite?"

"Loads," Maxie confessed. "I was a man about town. I should have all sorts of shit wrong with me. Of course, its been quite a dry spell, as of late. Even old Ste here is looking pretty good at the moment." He bit in to a piece of toast then and watched Ste sitting there in the wheel chair staring into space.

"What?" Now he'd given Simon a laugh.

Maxie smiled too.

"Completely insane, isn't it? But you'd think I was a diseased pig the way these cows look at me around here." Maxie mentioned then about his love life.

"Well, its because they all know you," Simon informed him.

"True." Maxie nodded thinking he should get some sleep.

"You should look into online dating, perhaps."

Maxie yawned.

"Maybe, but I can't invest my time in a waste like that. I want to see this person from the get go. Don't want to know her brain all that well to begin with." Maxie told him.

"I thought you'd say that," Simon said.

"Honest, maybe I'm looking for something completely different." Maxie then shrugged.

"What do you mean by completely?" Simon waited for an answer.

"I'll know it when I see it." Maxie left it at that.

"God, you're even more depressing than me," Simon sighed.

"We really need to get together for laugh," Maxie said. "We both could use it."

"Perhaps soon."

Maxie knew that was about as good as it was going to be from Simon.

3 comments:

blue hearts said...

I gotta wonder what's really going through Maxie's mind.

Lonnie said...

Would Maxie ever get it on with Ste?

another.ellie said...

lonely lonely boy.