Tuesday, December 9, 2008

finding the path

"I can't believe you did that?" Ian couldn't help but laugh at Maxie when they met up for a drink at the Black Cat. "I think you've lost it mate, asking Simon to sleep with you." Ian went to order them a hot toddie. It was going to be a cold one out tonight. They needed something to wake up and ale would not do.

"Well, maybe you could do it," Maxie looked at him. "Its just sleep you know."

Ian brought back the drinks. He just shook his head.

"You are so hard up, mate. Anybody will do, is that it?" Ian breathed in the strong aroma of hot rum then. It cleaned his sinuses.

"No, its not a shag I'm after," Maxie winced. "How many times do I have to tell you, its just sleep."

"Yeah, well I bet a good rock ass shag would do the trick too," Ian shrugged.

"Well, that would be nice, but it just couldn't be anybody." Max winced once more as he drank on his hot drink.

"What about Micaela? She'd do it, no questions asked."

"No." Maxie scowled at the thought of her.

"Its a very dry spell. I might as well become a monk of some kind." Maxie just stared into space then.

"Even they'd probably be luckier than you." Ian had to chuckle.

"What about you, don't see you chatting about, working it, and you could very well find any bird you want, with a band," Maxie suggested.

"I don't think so. I don't need a screaming fan clinging on to me. And we've had our 15 minutes of fame. I'm done." Ian told him as he sat there nursing his drink.

"A fan, a righteous babe, we got to get us riot going, mate." Maxie then thought. "Then we could have all the birds we wanted. Right?"

"Yeah, like you can play anything?"

"Tambourine."

"Oh yeah, I gotta have myself a tambourine player," Ian rolled his eyes and smiled. He thought of Lauren then. Yeah, he guess he could live with a tambourine player if he had Lauren to help.

2 comments:

ellie said...

that would be funny..if that's all Maxie did on stage.

Lonnie said...

I gotta wonder if they will sleep together..hhahahaa...