Friday, November 21, 2008

waiting

Laleh was sure Lauren couldn't stay nearly long enough at the hospital with her.

"How long do you have to be there?" Lauren wondered while she was drawing a black heart on Laleh's inner thigh while they were sitting across from each other in the waiting room. "Its already been forever."

"Yeah, I know."

"You've hardly been here an hour." Laleh winced.

"I know." Lauren giggle. "What do you suppose he'll be like once he comes out of it?"

"Wish I knew."

"I hear Amy came out of her coma," Lauren looked at Laleh.

"She must feel awful." Laleh said.

"Or all brand new." Lauren found the bright side, naturally.

"I'd so hate to forget you, you know that don't you?"

"Yeah," Lauren handed over the pen to Laleh now so she could draw on Lauren's ankle.

"Well, what about me?" Laleh looked at her as if Lauren had to love her just as much or more, didn't she?

"Of course, it would be horrid." Lauren looked at her wide eyed. "You know I care about you."

"I know."

"You can't just live here, you know?" Lauren mentioned a band playing at the Black Cat. They should check it out.

"I can't get drunk."

"Just something to take the edge off. Just because Ste is in recovery, doesn't mean you have to suffer, too." Lauren told her.

"He needs family. I don't want him to think we don't care, you know."

"Well, they could call you at a moments notice if there is a change, right?"

"OK."

"Good." Lauren looked at the little scull and cross bones that Laleh was drawing on her ankle. "Hospitals just make me want to get sick."

5 comments:

ellie's kyle said...

I so like that..hospitals just make me want to get sick.

cait said...

I like their conversation.

autumn said...

take the edge off. i will, later. woot. lol.

Creative Student said...

really great! :)

Your a hollyoaks fan . . . me too for some reason! And funnily enough I am friends with a bunch of extras who work on the show (and i could give you some interested stories) I live in the same town as ZACK the scouser, I have met Gilly in the trafford center, seen Josh in a nightclub in Liverpool and I am friends with a guy called Ben who used to play Cameron Clarke who dated steph before going off on tour with a band - he is now in a band called Mirrorview and I have organised gigs for them and also supported them in my own band!

There is my claim to fame, I thought you might be interested! :)

Anyway, good to see your stil blogging! pop round for a catch up soon!

jules said...

im intrigued :)