Sunday, November 30, 2008

sunny side up

Maxie went to the kitchen after he took Simon's cell from him.

"Lover's spat," he mutter to himself going in to the kitchen to start supper. He poured himself a cup of coffee and put slices of ham in the skillet. A nice ham and egg sandwich would do the trick. Even for Simon. Maybe. Of course, he wasn't counting much on these days. Nothing was exactly going his way.

Simon's cell rang. He answered it.

"About last night," the male voice started.

"Yeah, what about it," he snickered a little. It was Craig. "Don't bother. I'd rather have your balls in a cup by my bed than to sleep with you, you wanker."

"Who is this?"

"I thought you needed a laugh," Maxie laughed watching the ham sizzle. He really did need a good laugh. No one seemed up for one. Maybe Kelsy, but she was really a lost cause. Why couldn't he meet someone? Some one new. Not these cows in the village. It was really getting to him. "Go fuck yourself." Maxie just smiled and shut Craig off.

About the time he had the ham out of the pan and the eggs frying, there was Simon still yawning.

"You didn't sleep, did you?" Maxie looked at him as if one little push could have knocked Simon out cold.

"Hardly."

"Such a pity, too, that's a damn soft sofa."

"Maybe too soft," Simon sighed.

"Really," Maxie thought not as he put two sunny side up eggs on a plate for Simon along with a slice of ham and toast. They sat down to breakfast then. Of course, Simon sat there looking at the eggs as if they were staring back at him.

"Don't tell me you're coming down with something," Maxie said while eating up.

"I'm kind of cold," Simon shivered a bit then.

"Laleh doesn't like sick people in her house," Maxie shrugged.

"Really, I didn't mean-" Simon was getting a little ill around the face then as if he might throw up right on the eggs.

"Go on to my room, there's a loo there. Its just under the staircase," Maxie motioned for him to go. Simon had seen his room. Maxie just sighed and went back to eating his breakfast.

5 comments:

blue hearts said...

Poor Simon..what else could go wrong.

Justkyut said...

Hey Ivy! Thanks for dropping by at my blog. I'm busy with work that's why I cannot read and follow all your blogs. Yep, it's Christmas just around the corner. Happy Holidays!

Justkyut said...

Hey Ivy! Thanks for dropping by at my blog. I'm busy with work that's why I cannot read and follow all your blogs. Yep, it's Christmas just around the corner. Happy Holidays!

Justkyut said...

Hey Ivy! Thanks for dropping by at my blog. I'm busy with work that's why I cannot read and follow all your blogs. Yep, it's Christmas just around the corner. Happy Holidays!

Justkyut said...

oops! sorry about that I'm having trouble with my internet connection