Saturday, November 1, 2008

out on the street

Maxie felt a bit better now. Truth be told, he was a loser. And now he couldn't even keep anything down. Why had he come back to the village? At least, he didn't have to really look at his own puke on the street.

"Are you all right, man?" Just his luck a homosexual to the rescue.

"What?" Maxie squinted looking back at the face in the dark.

"Do you need some help?"

Maxie did feel a bit weak, but he'd be just fine. He shook his head, no.

"Don't I know you?"

Maxie looked at his dark eyes then as they came into focus. It was Ian.

"Yeah, I used to hang out with your brother back at school, how is he these days?"

"Rehab, for a bit." Ian didn't smile about it. "Now he's just fat and lazy. Watches the tele constantly."

"So what have you been up too?"

"Aw, just got back from a gig. Its going rather well, actually. Better than I ever imagined." Ian shrugged.

"So you really can make a living with a guitar, aye?"

"For a bit, I suppose. But I'll be at the Uni, next year, for sure. College is going well, sort of." Ian grinned. "Ought to be home making revisions, I guess."

"Too late for that."

"Yeah, well, maybe I need a shot of Red Bull then." Ian said, "But I could see you home. Which way you headed?"

"Laleh's, I suppose." Maxie sighed.

"Really? That's quite interesting." Ian walked with him.

"Is it?"

"I suppose Lauren is there." Ian sounded indifferent.

"No, she's over at Lauren's."

"Naturally."

"I take it you know this Lauren." Maxie shrugged.

"I did, but not anymore." Ian sighed as they walked on across the street and a ways away from the Black Cat.

"Pity, aye?"

"You could say that, cause really, I wished she'd stayed with the band even if she didn't want me. I really wish she was back." Ian looked sad about the matter.

"But you say its going so well."

"Yeah. Kelsy, though, now that's a piece of work. A whorish glam queen, to say the least."

"Well, at least she is a real female. Not a fake one." Maxie smiled.

"I guess," Ian said. "But the music has all changed. I don't even get a say in, anything. Its just Kelsy. Kelsy. Kelsy."

"Then get out." They were to Laleh's street now.

"I wish I could, but I hate to abandon what I started, you see," Ian frowned.

"Chin up, mate. See you around, want I?" Maxie nodded.

"I suppose."

"Well, you will if I end up working at the Black Cat." Maxie then sighed. "That is if I can stomach it."

"You will, take care." Ian turned back then, gave Maxie a pat on the back. Maybe he had a friend now. Maxie hadn't had one of those in a very long time.

7 comments:

autumn said...

wow. they seem too nice to each other. am lovin this. =]

Justkyut said...

great! starting friendship

Cait said...

um, Maxie and Ian. What could they do? It was good to get some background on them, you know.

autumn said...

do what you gotta do, my dear. in the first place, THIS IS YOUR STORY. please don't listen to what OTHER really wants. i hope you get the message i'm trying to convey. *winks*

jules said...

start of a new beginning :D loving it :D

ellie's kyle said...

I liked this part.

Dapper Kid said...

Awww sweet :)